Tuesday, October 20, 2009

About me

Tanawan Puntace: Manager of Thai Dream Tours
I am a native of Thailand who has studied and worked in many places throughout the Khonkaen Province. I have been working full-time since my early teens when I began helping at my family’s tourist resort. I have work experience in a wide array of areas, such as being a television news anchor and personality, radio DJ, a secretary for Mitsubishi Corp, hotel and restaurant management, health and accident insurance, managing a traditional Thai massage business and, in Bangkok, a ticketing agent with Bangkok Airways.

In Mae Hong Sorn (in Northern Thailand) in my free time, I obtained a tour guide certificate and took care of tourists to the area. I enjoyed that so much that I decided to pursue it more seriously. In preparation for this, I took two years off work to explore and understand more fully my own native country of Thailand as well as surrounding areas. In 1998, in Bangkok, I began my full time work of taking care of VIP tourists, including being selected to guide the ministers attending the APEC, APEC-SOM2 and Sugar World meetings. During this time, I also served as a resource for five international authors.

In 2004 I established my own business, Thai Dream Tours, a small full-service tourist agency that specializes in personal service and care. I think my various jobs and past experiences contribute to my ability to provide my clients with anything they may need to make not only the time in my country enjoyable, but also provide happy memories that will last a lifetime.